2017-04-05 | THE STATE PARK SANCTUARY IS LOCATED WEST OF AND OUTSIDE OF THE OCEAN SHORES CITY LIMITS AND BOUNDARIES
The city of Ocean Shores, WA experiences the great fortune of living next to the one of the most beautiful State Parks in the Northwest.
The State Park, located west of the city of Ocean Shores, WA is a Sanctuary; where the public is protected from municipality laws and ordinances from all cities.
The State Park is a refuge to humans; much like waterfowl or wildlife refuges act as a sanctuary to protect them from harm by unlawful intruders.
The State Park Rangers are providing an outstanding degree of management within the State Park and have been providing these wonderful services since 1913.
The parcel# 618122758170 photo above can be found at the Grays Harbor County Assessors Office, using the parcel number lookup tool.
The red vertical line in this photo is the cities westernmost parcel# 618122758170 which borders the state park and has been surveyed by the Grays Harbor County Surveyors Office as 200 feet wide east to west.
Then west of that parcel is the massive upland habitat of the State Park, which varies between 1000 and 3000 feet in width east to west.
Then west of the upland habitat in the State Park are the FIRST class tidelands.
The great mass of accreted land since the 1960 survey belongs to the State and is outside the city boundaries.
There are three important aspects to the tidelands west of the city:
- The tidelands are FIRST CLASS tidelands.
- The ordinary tide west of the city is NOT adjacent to parcel# 618122758170
- The ordinary tide west of the city is NOT abutting onto parcel# 618122758170
It is important to note that the First Class tidelands are not adjacent to or abutting onto tax parcel# 618122758170.
The only place that the FIRST CLASS tidelands makes contact with tax parcel# 618122758170, is at the north jetty (circled in yellow), where erosion has removed a small portion of the parcel, and that eroded area is now a state highway pursuant to the highway reservation laws of 1901 chapter 105.